CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Heavy Heart

Well, I am happy to report that I am still not sleeping through the night. (: This means, that I still get to look at Forest's precious face at least 3 times in the middle of the night. I will miss it when that changes. (But, I'm sure I'll enjoy dreaming about his sweet face instead.)

The last couple of weeks have been precious. But, I have to be honest... I have been weighed down with a heavy heart once again. I have hesitated to mention this because, I never want to tell someone else's story. So, I won't. But, I have to at least tell you briefly about a very close friend of mine who is walking down a very familiar road. Not long ago, around 20 weeks or so into her pregnancy, she received some very upsetting news about her baby. She has problems that will likely make it difficult for her to survive once born. (short of a miracle) I have loved being by her side through it all so far. It helps give even more meaning to Phoenix's precious short life. I am still loving it to tell you the truth.

However, I occasionally allow myself to actually feel the pain all over again for her and her husband and her family. It is so heavy on my heart, I almost can't breathe. I pray that she will get a miracle. Oh how I hope that she never has to feel what I felt. Here in our house, we are painfully aware of how rare miracles are and know that she might not get to come home with them. I feel the empty pit in my stomach all over again just thinking about it.

If you have a prayer list, please add my friend to it. I will not share names etc. so I won't be guilty of telling her story. She will tell it one day. I pray that it will be told with a different ending than mine.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You are so sweet of a friend to be able to even try to walk that road so soon with her. You are such a blessing to them I am sure of it. Thank you (though I am sure she tells you) for being there for her and for helping us know better how to help her also. You are so brave and courageous for allowing your heart to hurt and to love with them during this dreadfully emotional time in their (and your) life. Hang in there. And, let me know if there is anything I can do for you...

Marci said...

You are amazing!! God's providences and purposes are even more amazing! I am so glad you can be there for our friend! You know how priceless this is for her and her family!

My mom went through a similiar situation after my father passed- - -a good friend of hers was diagnosed with cancer. It was so hard and so painful to be there and watch her good friend suffer and die the same way that my dad did. But, she did it and only God can give strength like that.

I am so thankful for all of my friends who lean and depend on Christ's strength as you have (and our friend). What a precious gift God has given us in our friendships!