CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

In Pursuit of Sleep

You might have noticed, if you are one of the few still reading this, that I haven't posted very much lately. I have had many incredible opportunities to think of Phoenix in the last 5 weeks. Many late night hours of feeding to stare at Forest and think of what his big brother would have been like. Interestingly enough, he looks so much like Phoenix did. It is like a little gift from God to us. However, stealing enough time to actually get on the computer and post something worth reading has been next to impossible. Forest still needs to nurse every few hours or so and therefore I am not sleeping much in one stretch. I am quite sure I never get through a full sleep cycle. I am left feeling like I am stretched very thin during the day. My thoughts are not coherent.

I want to continue the story of Phoenix where I left off. I feel badly for beginning such an involved story and then PAUSING indefinitely. I apologize. I promise as soon as I begin sleeping through the night a little, I will continue.

I can't begin to tell you how blessed we feel around here. The whole family is just aglow with grateful hearts. Not one single inconvenience of having a baby around has really proven to be an inconvenience to us. Others might think so, but we are celebrating it. Even big brother and sister are happy to hear his cries. We have virtually stopped our entire life and spent every moment tending to him and we love every second of it. We miss Phoenix and dearly wish we were chasing a 2 year old and holding Forest at the same time. We can't wait to tell him all about his big brother and how he changed us all forever. I hope you are all having a wonderful New Year so far and that you are getting more sleep than me.

Until later...

7 comments:

Becky said...

I speak for most of us - maybe I shouldn't, but I think we understand newborn babies and the time and energy they take and the exhaustion mom's feel, even if it is happy exhaustion. I understand your pause completely, but I do look forward to the day that I can continue to hear all about Phoenix. Love you!

Courtney said...

I agree with Becky! I am just now entering into the sleeping at nights (which is my fault for allowing her to take so long to get there I know). Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts and Phoenix's story! I am so glad I got to see little Forest and I can't wait to actually hold him once I am feeling better.

As for blogging however, that is how I started--while I nursed or pumped. With a boppy it is easy to rest them on your lap and nurse at the same time *(maybe once he is a little bit bigger though, she hasn't been that little in a long time, so maybe she was a few months old before I could do this with ease). But just wanted to giv eyou the "idea" of being able to do two things at once! :)

Anonymous said...

christy - it has been very hard for me to read this, and i haven't much until now. i'm off to jamaica, but wanted to stop by and let you know how much i love you and think you are a remarkable woman. whatever i've accomplished in life would be half of what it is without you. rachel, parker, phoenix, forest, and i got lucky tickets in life --

tmc

Kipplyn said...

Christy, thank you for sharing your story here with everyone. I finally had a chance to sit and read all of it. I just cried (again) I can only imagine how your hospital experience was this time. I am sorry I missed it. I had the privilege of walking through this with you and I can surely say you are amazing how you leaned on God and allowed Him to strengthen you through it all! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend and for allowing me to share your life during Phoenix and beyond. Love you friend!-

Dalene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gerri/Mom/Grammy said...

Dear Christy,
Your story is shared beyond your "world". Because of your amazing friendship with Kipplyn and how the two of you diligently and faithfully allowed God to not only keep you from separating because of the pain but to grow your friendship deeper; I share your amazing testimony in "my world" as God gives me the opportunity. (And it is often) The love of God that not only "kept" you through all of this, but the love and power of God how he "kept" and strengthened your friendship with Kipplyn and others through it. It is especially huge because Kipplyn brought her baby home and you did not. That was hard for BOTH of you. You are both remarkable godly women and I am so proud of you and my heart so full. I can only imagine how Father God feels about you! I REJOICED WITH YOU as you got to bring precious Forest Winston home and I continue to rejoice as you ENJOY him! Praise God! Been praying and will continue to pray, Much love, Gerri (Kipplyn's Mom)

cystymstar said...

I googled "Phoenix Gabriel" which is my, now month old son, and came across your blog. I have to tell you that I cried my way through the entire thing. I'm a man, a man who listens to heavy metal music, believes in Science instead of God, I've got tattooes everywhere and I'm generally an unlikable person, but just the thought of losing my son, my only son, only child would make it deeply hard for me to continue living. I admire your strength and beliefs although they differ from mine. And I wish you and your family nothing but positivity.