CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowy days...

As I type, there are already 7 inches outside my door. There is a large ominous looking snow man in the back yard and alot of wet coats laying at my back door. What a fun day. The kids should be at their "homeschool enrichment" day but some brilliant people cancelled that due to the forecast last night. (: O, I guess that would be me (and Laura)!

We have already enjoyed some hot chocolate and I even got a nice hot shower. Yep, officially a good day. I wanted to type and let you know something that my sweet boy Phoenix has taught me. I remember a few years ago when my older two were so little...I used to get so mad (yes MAD) when my day didn't go just how I wanted it to go. I needed quiet time to myself and I wanted a hot shower without a crying baby interrupting. If you have little ones then you know those things are RARE. So, I spent alot of time being cranky.

Well, today, I finally hopped into the shower at around 11 a.m. (pretty good considering I didn't get one at all yesterday.) Anyway, I had the baby monitor sitting in the bathroom with me so I could hear if Forest started to wake up or cry. Well, of course, 2 minutes into my hot shower, Forest started crying. Crying hard, the kind you really can't block out or ignore. But, all of a sudden, I had a MAJOR de ja vu' experience. I remembered back to when that would happen with my older 2 and I remembered the intensely irritated emotion that would just flood me. Then, tears started to pour. How could I have been so upset that I had babies that needed me???? I don't know, but Phoenix taught me. He taught me that every second I get, even when they are crying and needing me when it is inconvenient is one to be celebrated. So, I hopped out of the shower and threw a towel around me and wore a big smile as I started to go get the poor thing... luckily daddy was nearby and I asked him to go check on him. I know that makes him as happy as it makes me now a days. NO... It was not worth losing my precious boy to learn that lesson, but, it is one more priceless thing that he has taught me.

Well, that's all. Just another day in the middle of sorrow and joy.

4 comments:

Kipplyn said...

I quess Phoenix taught me a little of that too. :-) Lily sits next to me asleep because that is where she sleeps best. Actually, she "interupts" quite a bit these days. But, we have learned these days are short and to be cherished.

Dalene said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying Forest! It's amazing how much little Phoenix has contributed to the lives of so many! I agree with Kipplyn- these days should be cherished. It's hard to convince young mothers of that sometimes! Keep testifying!

Marci said...

If only we ALL could have realized these things years ago!! I feel so badly for Kayla sometimes because she had to endure my efforts of trying to do everything by "by the book" instead of just loving and enjoying her like I should have.

Becky said...

I'm glad you are enjoying him, too! When our kids get older, it really makes us realize just how fast time passes. That is one benefit of having kids so spread apart. We can learn and act on lessons that we might not have learned earlier.