CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Anxiety

Well, the next step in this story is to tell you about the day that Phoenix was born. However, I find myself on the eve of another birth and without the emotional strength to tell the story. I have nothing. In fact, I wonder how I will even make it through birth. The emotions are so overwhelming that I am afraid I will walk into the hospital tomorrow to be induced and just start bawling like a little baby right then and there. I feel incredibly vulnerable. Right now, I have become one of the cattle they are herding through the office and hospital. Everything looks fine and so there is not a soul who is slowing down long enough to speak gently and comfortingly to me. I hate that I need them to... but I do. I am terrified. I have never been terrified to give birth. Not even when we were going to have Phoenix did I have this kind of anxiety. I guess because I realized that I shouldn't hold out much hope. Now, I've had hope for this whole time and I guess that is what scares me. It scares me to hope. It scares me to believe that Forest will be fine and I will be fine because, what if...

I know that isn't at all how I SHOULD be thinking. I know that when I get off of this computer I am going to RUN to God and pray like a desperate woman. But, right now, right this moment, I am just not feeling brave. "Lord, I believe, HELP MY UNBELIEF!!!!!"

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm praying for you! I want to say something more to try to help the anxiety, but I know there is nothing. Just know that you will be in my prayers tonight and all day tomorrow!

Courtney said...

Christy--words fail me because I have never known your world. I have nothing I can begin to say that I feel would make a difference, except that I love you and I am praying for you. I want to call the hospital on your behalf and "fix" it for you. Whatever happens, you will be okay. Lord willing, Forest will be perfect and healthy and everything will go smoothly. I know that it is hard to swallow. Our God is big. Our God is good. I hope you find peace so that you can enjoy the moments of this labor/delivery (as much as that is possible). Oh, I want to hug you RIGHTNOW! I love you friend...

khowze said...

I will be praying for you tonight and tomorrow. I know anxiety, but I can't imagine the level you are at right now. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray the Lord can give you comfort and rest tonight and ease your anxiety tomorrow.

Marci said...

Christy-
{Hugs} You are amazingly strong and I know God will give you every bit of strength you need to get through this labor and delivery! I have thought of you on and on all day today and I get that "butterfly feeling" in me when I think about you holding Forrest tomorrow!! I am so excited for you and your family! I can tell Rachel is so very excited as well!

We love you!
The Holley's