CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

A pause...

Well, I wanted to take a brief pause to update everyone on Forest Winston Cook. We are one week away from induction and the Dr. says he weighs 7lbs. 14 oz. (I am only 37 weeks pregnant people.) UGH! This is one big boy. Of course, this weight is only a guess and it could be off by a pound or so. Yikes.
So, I am incredibly filled with joy to have seen him on the screen and look at every detail of his body and know that as of today he looks perfect. He even had chubby little cheeks that could be clearly seen. (: However, fear is mounting as we approach delivery. You see, I am having trouble visualizing actually leaving the hospital with my baby. When I had Rachel and Parker, I was completely innocent to the many problems that "could" have happened. Now, I seem to be able to list way too easily the things that "could" go wrong. I am praying almost moment by moment just to fight off these thoughts. I am resting in the hands of my Almighty Father and completely helpless to do anything but completely trust Him. So, if the thought crosses your mind, please pray. I would be extremely grateful. Inducing scares me, his size scares me, umbilical chords scare me, shoulder dystocia scares me... on and on. But, I know that I am in good hands with my Dr. and that God is right there with me to give me strength. So, I will try to just keep praying and trusting.

3 comments:

Marci said...

I will be praying for you this week as you approach this special day! It must be hard as the time draws nearer. We love you and can't wait to meet the long awaited Forrest!!

Becky said...

You are in my prayers! I wish I would be there to welcome him into this world.

Christy said...

Thanks guys. It means alot. I really can't place a value on prayer right now. I know He is hearing my prayers too, so it will all be fine right?? (: