CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

A hope deferred

As I type tonight, it is snowing. Snow is beautiful, quiet, and fun when you get to play in it. But, tonight, I especially like this snow. The ONLY reason, is because of how badly my son Parker was wanting it. I watched him this evening, longingly looking out of the window, hoping it would snow any second. It took most of the evening and he finally went to bed just moments after the snow began to fall. I was happy, he was happy. I loved seeing his wishes and dreams come true, no matter how small. I am struck by how much the Father must want the same for me. He watches me all the time and knows exactly what my hopes and dreams are. He knew how badly I wanted another baby to add to our family. For some reason, still not completely known to me, He chose to allow this one dream to only be partially fulfilled. But, do we choose to argue or complain... or say "Thank-You". I know as a mother that the only reason I would ever allow my son to have his hopes dashed, is for reasons usually greater than he can comprehend. It's about the big picture, not that one single moment. So, I must trust that God, who knows abundantly more than me, has a plan. I must rest in it. He is sovereign, I am, well... helpless without Him.

0 comments: