CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

A Poem

This is a poem that was on the front of one of the cards I received. It says it so well...

"God has not promised
skies always blue,
flower-strewn pathways
all our lives through.
God has not promised sun without rain,
joy without sorrow,
peace without pain.

But God has promised
strength for the day,
rest for the labor,
light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
help from above,
unfailing sympathy,
undying love."

+Kristone+

Hmmm, I guess that's right isn't it? God hasn't promised those things? If I listened to the prevailing culture in many of our churches across America, I might forget that. Or, if I listened to many televangelists, I might forget that. Surely, if I send my check in, surely, I'll get the easy life...right? God is not a vending machine... He is almighty, all powerful, unchanging, and unfathomable in His ways. I cannot possibly comprehend His plan.

0 comments: